Announcing Our 2020 Program
Buy Local, Tie Local, Guide Local™
Flies sold by large online retailers, usually mass produced overseas, often don’t actually match the hatch. Beyond that, locally developed patterns – some not even resembling actual insects – can work the best. Anglers might think they are saving money, but when these low-quality flies don’t actually catch fish, and sales don’t go to local shops, nobody wins.
The same thing goes for gear – what works on one river usually isn’t best for another. Anglers that make assumptions and buy online before their trip, are missing out on the best experience – even if it’s just knowing what leader and tippet to use. As you know, this can make all the difference as to whether the fish will take it – and whether you can land it.
In our experience, local shops, guides, and fly tiers know rivers best.
The patterns that actually catch discerning trout & gamefish vary by watershed / location, and the best gear to use, can change even in different sections of the same waterbody.
This is why we are launching Buy Local, Tie Local, Guide LocalTM, looking to bring more customers and sales back to your shop. Here’s how it works, and benefits – very simple:
- We highlight your shop &/or services on our website, and in articles, free of charge.
- Simply take a few minutes to fill out our form below
- You’ll be listed immediately in our online directory of shops, guides and fly tiers
- You have full ability to modify or change / delete the information as appropriate
- We’ll produce a Destination Highlight and promote it both locally & nationally
- This will cover specifically the waterbodies that you serve, within 3-5 weeks
- Again, this is free of charge, and you control how your information is presented
- We only ask for one “win-win” favor in return:
- That you provide a link pointing to the Destination Highlight on your website as well
- This type of collaborative link building is one of Google’s top search engine criteria
- Referencing each other this way serves to boost both of our rankings in search results
To register as a partner, simply fill out the form below. If you have any questions, please contact me at 425-457-2143 or [email protected]. Thanks!
Mark Velicer, Founder and Owner, Fly Fishing Field Guides.com
Some error has occured.